ACE-FUELS shall achieve its core education mandate by strengthening/modifying relevant existing programmes in our partner Departments in order to appropriately link science with technology, in line with the Centre’s goals. The Centre provides standard facilities for teaching, learning and capacity development, with exciting and interactive learning opportunities for optimal development of technical and entrepreneurial skills, in order to solve pressing problems hindering energy and technology availability and access.
The partnering Departments and existing programmes include:
- Department of Chemistry:
- MSc/PhD Physical Chemistry
- MSc/PhD Organic Chemistry
- MSc/PhD Inorganic Chemistry
- Department of Physics
- MSc/PhD Solid State Physics
- MSc/PhD Solar Energy Physics
- MSc/PhD Astrophysics
- Department of Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- MEng/PhD in Power Systems Engineering
- Meng/PhD Control Systems Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- MSc/PhD Energy and Power
- MSc/PhD Industrial and Production Design
- Department of Petroleum Engineering
- MEng/PhD Drilling Engineering
- MEng/PhD Reservoir Engineering
- MEng/PhD Production Engineering
- Department of Polymer and Textiles Engineering
- MEng/PhD Polymer Science
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Microbiology
- Department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- MSc/PhD Materials Science
- Department of Environmental Management
- MSc/PhD Environmental Technology
- Department of Geology
- MSc/PhD Geophysics
The Centre is also introducing novel, bespoke multidisciplinary PhD and MSc programmes related to the focus disciplines of the Centre as follows:
MSc/PhD in Future Energies
Focusing on renewable energy resources and their exploitation (solar, wind, hydro, geothermal, biomass) as well as hydrogen energy, clean hydrocarbon fuels and carbon capture/sequestration.
MSc/PhD in Nanotechnology
Nano-synthesis, characterization and applications, functional materials, energy materials, natural nanomaterials.
MSc/PhD in Electrochemical Technology
Electrochemical storage devices like batteries, supercapacitors, fuel cells.
MSc/PhD in Corrosion Technology
Corrosion monitoring and protection, coatings, corrosion modelling.